Brief Description of Sunnova Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Sr Full Stack Developer (.Net with Integration) Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for Sr Full Stack Developer (.Net with Integration) to be responsible for building, enhancing, and integrating solutions to operationalize Sunnova’s products and services. The successful candidate will write code (predominately in .Net/C#/React and perform Integration work through APIs). This individual contributor will collaborate closely with leaders, product managers, user experience experts, and other technology colleagues to design and build the next generation sales platform for Sunnova.
Sr Full Stack Developer (.Net with Integration) Responsibilities
- Develops, enhances, and maintains custom software applications and integrations with third party applications/services to support Sunnova’s application development strategy
- Works in all phases of the software development life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, technical design, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, data migration, and support
- Takes ownership of problems and issues, proactively working with business stakeholders, product management, business analysts, quality assurance, and release management
- Adheres to best practices with respect to coding, data cleansing, and data management
- Finds, analyzes, and fixes bugs and performance problems whenever and wherever they may occur
- Organizes and prioritizes individual workload with scrum team to meet required deadlines
- Works as a member of a team, accepts ownership of work, and actively contributes to team discussions
- Participates in daily stand ups, works with scrum team on projects, and supports delivery timelines and priorities
- Solves problems independently with limited supervision
- Works effectively in a matrixed environment where 1) day-to-day tasks are determined and executed on agile/scrum team under the leadership of a scrum master and 2) career development, coaching, goal setting, performance evaluations, and issue escalation are coordinated through a separate manager
- Perform UI development with React
- Perform database development with NOSQL platforms like DynamoDB
- Integrate applications with Salesforce using APIs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer science, software engineering or information systems
- 6+ years of software development and software integration experience
- Expert in multiple programming languages, including .NET/C#/React/Typescript
- Expert with relational database concepts, non-structured query protocols (NOSQL), logic modeling, best practices, and physical design
- Experience with coding and interacting with Restful APIs
- Experience using cloud-based infrastructure and database services from AWS.
- Has built React/.NET/C# web applications with integrations to systems using Restful APIs
- Experience with NodeJS
- Microsoft Developer Certification or related certifications
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of internal and external parties
- Ability to identify opportunities for technical improvements in specific processes and recommend solutions
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
- Some overtime required
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.