Senior Python Software Developer
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Nordic Software Development
Nordic Software Development is a specialist software development team in Statkraft that delivers class leading software for all business areas in Statkraft. Some examples are:
- Delivering customized solutions to the Energy management process that optimizes the sales of our renewable power on the spot and reserve markets
- Working with the construction and maintenance teams that build and operate our power plants on using machine learning to optimize maintenance
- Developing our high-performance computing platform where we run all the computationally heavy models and the tooling around that platform.
On a technical level we deliver a wide range of solutions ranging from web applications to advanced analytics tools.
Custom software development is essential for Statkraft to remain a market leader in renewable energy production and we are now looking for great people to join our software development team. If you enjoy challenging yourself and working in a competitive industry where technology is evolving the business we operate in, then we would love to talk to you. If you are motivated by working for a company that is a key part of the solution for creating an environmentally sustainable society then Statkraft is the company for you.
As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced developers specialized in diverse area and share knowledge with them. You will also collaborate with business users in many parts of the company and will learn a lot about producing, selling and maintaining renewable power assets as well as many types of analysis of everything from hydrology, power markets and preventive maintenance.
- Help develop our high-performance computing platform, where we run all our computationally heavy models, and the tooling around that platform. This platform is used in the Energy management process that optimizes the sales of our renewable power on the spot and reserve markets and is essential for Statkrafts success.
- Work with our many analysis teams, such as market analysis, hydrology and climate and short-term optimization to help develop their tooling and automating time consuming manual processes. A close collaboration with the business is a key success factor so the ability to understand what the business users do and to have a good dialogue with them is crucial.
- Work in agile product teams and contribute in all areas of software development from architecture to testing and CI/CD.
- Extensive experience in software development spanning multiple years.
- 3+ years Python development experience
- Computer science background and solid understanding of all aspects of the developer role
- Good social and communication skills
- Eager to learn about new trends and technologies
- Fluent in English, and preferably Norwegian
- Proactive and responsible team player that enjoys challenging themselves
Other useful skills in this role:
- CI/CD pipelines
- Containerisation (Kubernetes)
- C++ experience
- Experience working with time series data
- Understanding of mathematics/statistics
- Experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum)
What we offer
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance
- Relocation support if needed.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
We evaluate applications for this role on a rolling basis, so please apply with your CV through our career pages as soon as possible.