Fullstack .NET Developer
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
About the team
As a part of the scripting platform team, you will be working on our internal visualization and python analysis as a service platform. As a part of this platform, we maintain RESTful and .NET based APIs used extensively throughout the business. We support data for use cases related to trading, power production, price forecasting among others. Together with the team you will implement code changes, provide technical input for roadmap activities and strategy choices. You will work together with the team on improving the deployment strategies used across our APIs.
- Work as part of our analytics team that supports business users with API’s that are used to perform analytics throughout the whole company
- Develop and deliver APIs to business and IT stakeholders
- Work together with the business users to deliver the data foundation needed for their analysis.
- Help improve the performance of our APIs focusing on things like caching, user prioritization, logging, and monitoring.
- Participate in change communication and reporting to stakeholders through our scrum process.
- You will have an instrumental role in helping Statkraft[RD5] adapt to the higher frequency information exchange required in the future.
- You will help improve the test suites across all our APIs
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years of .NET development
- Good knowledge of SQL performance.
- Understanding of time series database design is preferred
- Good knowledge of statistics is an advantage
- Good level of Python understanding and experience, experience developing client SDKs is a plus.
- Be eager to learn about new trends and technologies
- Good social and communication skills
- Pro-active person who feels responsibility for the products you deliver and enjoys challenging themselves.
- Enjoy interacting with our customers on a regular basis.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in German or Norwegian is a plus
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities, and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities, and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave, and work life balance principles
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- The chance to enjoy a break and change of scenery in one of our amazing Statkraft cabins across the country
- Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorization.
We evaluate applications for this role on a rolling basis, so please apply with your CV through our career pages as soon as possible.
Location and travel: The position will be located at Statkraft HQ, Lilleaker, Norway. Some travel may be required.