Location: Stavanger, Norway
Are you excited by challenges? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, international and dynamic environment? Then now is the time to join Quorum Software, a rapidly growing company and industry leader in oil & gas transformation.
Quorum Software is the world's largest provider of digital technology focused solely on business workflows that empower the next evolution of energy. From emerging companies to supermajors, throughout every region of the globe, customers rely on Quorum's proven innovation and unmatched global expertise to streamline business operations and make data-driven decisions that optimize profitability and growth. Our industry-leading solutions are transforming energy companies across the entire value chain, helping visionary leaders evolve their organizations into modern energy companies.
Quorum’s Energy Components (EC) is the worlds' leading hydrocarbon Management (HCM) software suite for production management in oil and gas. In close cooperation with our customers, we have developed a unique portfolio of integrated IT solutions that supports the whole supply chain for upstream companies within production, transport, sale and revenue.
We seek a high performing Sr. Software Developer to work in our development team in Stavanger, developing the Energy Components (EC) software.
- Be part of our agile product development organization.
- Transform requirements into a preferable technical solution, and finally into shippable code.
- Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad effect on the business.
- Have a high ownership of own and team commitments to ensure solid deliveries.
- Collaborating with our implementation team to ensure a best possible experience for our customers.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree within Information Technology or similar
- 5+ years of experience from relevant IT work
- Technical competences in database modelling and programming in PL/SQL
- Experience with cloud solutions, containers and RESTful integrations
- Has specialized competence in the listed competence areas
- Have an architect mindset
- Capable of performing the technical part of product changes
- Considered to be a competence lead or an expert in the competence areas listed as “strong knowledge”.
- Able to evaluate the differences between technologies, and find the best match for EC needs.
Desired Technical Background
- Strong knowledge on:
- Design patterns
- Object Oriented Design and principles
- Java Enterprise Edition
- App server/Web container: Wildfly
- Testing frameworks: JUnit, Selenium, Arquillian
- Web Framework: Primefaces, Angular, REACT
- Docker container runtime environments and EKS
- Knowledge about:
- App development (Mobile)
- Continuous Integration
- Database knowledge: Oracle, MongoDB, PostGreSQL
- Additional, desired technical competencies:
- Java backend/frontend programming
- Oracle database modelling and PL/SQL programming
- Containers – Docker / Kubernetes
- App Server / Web Container – WildFly
- Cloud solutions – Azure and Amazon Web Services
- REST API's
- PowerBI or similar business analytic tool
- Solution oriented and flexible with high work capacity
- Have a strong sense of ownership, self-driven and ambitious
- Have a strong desire to learn and adapt new skills, tools and technologies
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with stakeholders on all levels
- Is able to explain and present highly complex solutions.
- Guides and influences others
- Have a positive attitude
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with Quorum Software in Norway is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
About Quorum Software
Quorum Software connects people and information across the energy value chain. Twenty years ago, we built the first software for gas plant accountants. Pipeline operators came next, followed by land administrators, pumpers, and planners. Since 1998, Quorum has helped thousands of energy workers with business workflows that optimize profitability and growth. Our vision for the future connects the global energy ecosystem through cloud-first software, data standards, and integration. The trusted source of decision-ready data for 1,800+ companies, Quorum Software makes the essential connections that let us work better together in the connected energy workplace. For more information, visit quorumsoftware.com.