Do you love solving challenges and making products with great UX that are used by millions of people? Are you excited about working with partner teams with variety of diversity and talent across the globe? If the answer is yes, we are looking for you! We have a position for a UX developer in our search experiences organization, creating fantastic user experiences that ship on all platforms, implemented using TypeScript and React.About Us
Microsoft Search meets people wherever they are. From SharePoint to Microsoft Teams, from Office to Outlook, enabling the users to harness the collective knowledge of their organization so everyone can be more engaged and effective every day. We are the search UX team that powers Microsoft search across Microsoft products and services. We are a diverse, passionate, end-user focused team with highly collaborative environment located across different countries (Norway, India, Kenya). In our Tromsø office you will work with over 70 passionate colleagues from all over the world, working together in smaller teams and groups.About Tromsø
The gateway to the arctic. Home to the northern lights and the midnight sun. If you enjoy the outdoors, Tromsø is the perfect place with nature just a few minutes from the office. Perfect mountains for hiking, skiing, mountain biking and climbing. In the surrounding sea you can kayak, free dive, kite, fish, or swim. We have people with special interests in these types of activities that often organize trips, courses, and events.Responsibilities
- Work with product management and design to formulate specifications for features.
- Collaborate with partner teams that host our user experiences to validate and integrate shipped components.
- Architect and implement features for maximum shared code, testability, and performance.
- Improve our software engineering processes as we deploy features to over 40+ Microsoft products on all platforms.
- Learn, grow, and share your technical skills.
- Experience with developing React experiences/applications. We look for both experienced developers and young talents.
- Enthusiastic about creating great user experience products.
- Compassionate and responsible team player that can deliver on agreed upon work while taking care of your team members.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Pay range unavailable